Monday, December 18, 2006

Dear Mr Blair, please resign today, yours sincerely, Lindsay Camp.

Every day, I write to the prime minister urging him to resign. I don't want to bore him, so I try to write something a little different each time (joke: the Downing St website receives 6 zillion emails for Mr Blair a day - none of which, I'm quite sure, he ever personally reads). But the basic message is always the same: the Iraq catastrophe has destroyed your credibility for ever; without trust, you are a liability to the Labour Party and the country; go now, for god's sake, go now.

A pointless exercise, you may be thinking. But I couldn't disagree more strongly. In fact, this is one of the rare occasions when I'm 100% certain that what I write will achieve the desired result. Because a day is sure to come - some time in June, if the pundits are to be believed - when I will email Mr Blair, and he will indeed resign.